The SMS marketing channel is alive and very much thriving. Despite the abundance of internet-based communication platforms, more and more marketers are convinced that bulk texting for business is a viable and cost-effective way to reach customers.
Choosing the right SMS sending software for your marketing strategy could be challenging as many companies offer similar services.
However, not all SMS software is created equal. If you want to include it in your marketing strategy, you must use one that lets you create SMS campaigns at scale through its features aligned with your business goals.
This article outlines what makes a good SMS sending software solution and the criteria for picking the best business texting platform for your organization.
Why do some marketers prefer mass texting for business?
Sending and receiving SMS (short message service) is still a preferred way by many to communicate. In fact, more than two billion text messages were sent in the United States in 2019, and two years after that, the volume of text messages increased by 40%.
Here are more fascinating statistics about the marketing power of using a text message system for business:
- 65.4% of customers think texting with a company makes communication easier
- Marketing campaigns with texting are 429% more likely to end in conversion
- 52% of customers would prefer texting as their form of communication
Perhaps the biggest reason why people still text is because every phone ever made is capable of two-way SMS messaging, meaning it can both send and receive SMS.
You don’t have to download an app or connect to WiFi to be able to use your messaging apps. This is significantly a low-commitment platform for both customers and marketers alike, and it is universal.
Anyone with a phone is a potential customer.
Another big reason is the SMS pricing. Bulk texting for business is remarkably low-cost. SMS credits don’t cost much, and most providers don’t require a minimum order. In addition, people are more likely to check their business SMSes than their emails by a whopping 98%.
This makes a PC to SMS software solution ideal for instantaneously targeting tens to hundreds of thousands of people, especially during time-sensitive campaigns.
How does bulk SMS messaging software work?
An SMS software provider generally has a web dashboard and/or a mobile app that allows marketers to streamline the ebb and flow of text messages. The system serves as the gateway for SMS and is built for two-way SMS that can reach thousands of contacts in real-time.
Bulk SMS messaging software solutions are advantageous for marketing campaigns or customer reminders. They are generally used for text notifications like the following:
- Welcome messages
- Security codes
- Billing Confirmations
- Promo Codes
- Booking Confirmations
- Flash Sales
- Event or Appointment Reminders
- Motivational Messages for Branding
What makes a great SMS text messaging software?
Bulk SMS messaging software has become very popular over the last decade because it saves time and money.
Companies can send mass text messages from their mobile phone apps for essentially less. In addition, customer service has never been better as SMS customer service software makes it easier to drive more leads, close more businesses, and improve retention.
What are the hallmarks of a great SMS text messaging software?
- Regular people can easily use it without extensive technical support or knowledge.
- You can seamlessly integrate it with other apps and services to customize it better.
- It is a two-way SMS software solution that lets you send automated responses while conversing with your subscribers.
- It is affordable enough for small businesses and lets you scale as needed.
How to Use Mobile SMS Marketing Software
Here are a few tips on how to maximize the functionalities of a mobile SMS marketing software product in your marketing campaigns:
- Use clear, optimized images for MMS
- Segment your audiences.
- Make sure you have an A/B testing component set up
- Choose the best, convenient times to send specific messages
- Don’t be spammy with your texts
- Try using emojis to be more human in your messaging
- Include CTA or links
- Be concise with your messages
What to look for when choosing the right SMS marketing software?
So you’re ready to use an SMS platform but unsure what features to look out for. Below is a list of SMS software must-haves:
- A two-way conversation with your contacts
- Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) capability
- Multiple options for building your contact lists like manual import, SMS opt-in, and online forms
- Integrations with other apps via Application Programming Interface (API)
- Analytics and link tracking
- Shortcodes and keywords
Torowave: The Trusted Business Texting Platform
Toroware is the best texting service for businesses, guaranteeing seamless integration with your favorite applications. With Toroware, you can:
- Personalize your text messages with merge fields;
- Schedule your broadcast to go out at a later date and time and;
- See how your text message blast performed with our stats.
Our AI-powered communication widget has all the necessary and cost-effective features you need in SMS Marketing Software. It brings texting, instant callback technology, automated text workflows, Google My Business Messaging, text broadcasts, and website leads into one platform.
With Torowave, you can create a tsunami of new business as you can better engage website visitors, get found online more often, book more appointments, and complete surveys for customer feedback.
Whether a humble startup or a business mammoth, keep that customer love coming with Torowave!
Include the best texting service for business in your marketing strategy!
Choose the right software by experience. You can sign up for a quick demo and check out our free trial to see how we can help you scale cost-effectively. Join thousands of other marketers and discover how they are growing their agency with ToroWave and how you can too!